Blue Window Ltd is a digital marketing agency, operating in 20+ countries spread out over 5 continents that develops and grows affiliate brands, specialising in the delivery of high-value traffic that is targeted for specific markets. We successfully create industry changing digital experiences for both clients and partners! Blue Window Ltd. is a family of talented individuals and offers a unique, relaxed working environment that boosts both creativity and productivity. We turn interactions into extraordinary experiences!
Blue Window Ltd (C56141), with registered address at ‘Country Lodge’, A. De Saavedra Street, San Pawl Tat-Targa, Naxxar NXR 2232, is the Data Controller. As Data Controller, we are responsible for deciding how and why we process your personal data. You are reading this privacy notice because you are applying for work with us. This document will explain how and why we use your personal data for the purposes of the recruitment process. This notice will be updated from time-to-time if any of our processes change.
Principles apply whether you submit your resume directly through our site, or a recruitment agency submits your application on your behalf.
- The processing of personal data shall take place in a lawful, fair and transparent way
- The collection of personal data shall only be performed for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and will not be further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes
- The collection of personal data shall be adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purpose for which they are processed
- The personal data shall be accurate and where necessary, kept up to date
- Every reasonable step shall be taken to ensure that personal data that is inaccurate, having regard to the purposes for which it is processed, is erased or rectified without delay
- Personal data shall be kept in a form which permits identification of the data subject for no longer than it is necessary for the purpose for which the personal data is processed
- All personal data shall be kept confidential and stored in a manner that ensures appropriate security
We also get the opportunity to get to know you better through our meetings with you, and through any references, you may give us.
By submitting your personal data, you shall:
- Declare that you have read, understood and accepted this Privacy Notice
- Declare that the information given is complete and true to the best of your knowledge, and understand that incorrect statements could lead to your application being rejected
- Declare that consent was obtained from any third party whose details are included in the information provided
- Authorise us to verify statements contained in your application and to make any necessary checks
3. What information is collected by us?
In order to consider you for a vacancy we need an application. A job application typically consists of a Curriculum Vitae (C.V.)/resume and covering letter. In addition, you may be applying for a role which would require you to share further achievements/skills with us, such as a portfolio. Should we require anything in addition to your C.V. and covering letter, we will be sure to state this clearly in the job advert. We will collect the following or some of the following information:
|Referral details||Names and contact details of referees. It is your responsibility to obtain consent from references prior to providing us personal information about them|
|Interview notes||Interview notes Any additional information collected during the interview process|
4. Why does Blue Window process your personal data?
We need to process the personal data you provide us with in your application, as well as what is gathered during the full recruitment process, to make an informed and fair decision. We will use your personal data to:
- Assess your suitability for the role applied for
- Assess your knowledge, skills and competence
- Get in touch with you through the contact details you provide us with to keep you updated on the process
- Contact any named references or previous employers
- Carry out any background checks (if we are required to do so by law or to comply with any other legal authority and/or requirements)
The recruitment procedure we use depends on the job you have applied for. After your personal information in your application form is reviewed by the Hiring Team (our Human Resources team and the hiring manager), a decision is made whether to proceed with an interview and/or a phone call. This decision is based on whether your profile and the job requirements are a strong match.
The information you give throughout your interview may be noted down and such information may be used to help us make a decision.
Depending on the role you have applied for, you may be asked to carry out a skills assessment. The assessment will be used as part of the hiring process. The results of the assessment will be shared with you if you wish to see these once a selection decision has been made.
5. Who has access to your data?
The personal information you provide Blue Window Ltd will be accessible through our recruitment software tool called BambooHR. The only persons having access to your personal data at recruitment stage are our Human Resources team, the hiring manager (or any persons within that team that may need to give their input), or any managers above the hiring manager.
As mentioned, our recruitment platform is BambooHR – this software is cloud-based, which inevitably means that the third-party might be able to access all the information stored on this software.
However, whenever we share your personal data externally, we always make sure that your personal data is safe. That is why we always make sure to only use trusted third-parties who take appropriate measure to safeguard your personal data, and that we have agreements in place with them to make sure that your personal data is always in safe hands.
6. Protecting your data
We take the security seriously. We want you to feel confident that your information is safe. We take a number of precautions and measures to ensure the security of your data. We have put in place the appropriate security measures to ensure that your data is protected against loss, misuse and unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction. Anyone having access to processing your personal data is bound by a duty of confidentiality.
7. Keeping your data
If your application is unsuccessful, we will keep your data for four months after the end of the relevant recruitment process. We do offer you the opportunity to retain your application, on the basis that a further opportunity may arise in future. With your specific consent, we may keep your application for a further two months (six months in total). Afterwards, we will irretrievably delete your application. During these period you are free to withdraw your consent at any time.
8. Your rights
We respect your privacy and it’s good for you to be aware of your rights as well:
- The right for information and to be informed
- The right to access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure (right to be forgotten)
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to object to processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority and/or seek judicial remedy
- The right to withdraw consent
You also have the right to file a complaint with the Information and Data Protection Commission (“IDPC”) at any time, being the main Supervisory Authority for data protection matters in Malta. However, we would appreciate the opportunity to address your issues before you contact the IDPC, so kindly contact us in the first instance.
Thanks for your interest and consideration to work with us, we value your time spent visiting our site and wish you the best of luck in your career.